From 1 August, Liam Earney will be taking up the role of executive director for Jisc’s digital resources directorate and joining the executive leadership team. As the current director for licensing, responsible for both Jisc Collections and CHEST, Liam will continue to have oversight of these key services but will also have overall responsibility for our portfolio of library, content and open access services and Jisc’s participation in the UK Data Service – led by the UK Data Archive at the University of Essex.
- Ensuring that we continue to deliver the savings, efficiencies and high levels of service performance across our portfolio that our sector expects and requires
- Making sure that in the areas of content & licensing, discovery, open science and UKDS we provide essential infrastructure on behalf of the sector that delivers productivity, efficiencies, service and performance
- Delivering our open science services – launch of Open research hub, negotiating transformative OA agreements with publishers and making sure our existing services meet the needs of researchers, institutions and funders
- Ensuring that the transformation of our library support services is completed – including the launch of library hub as the home of our discovery, cataloguing, acquisition, subscription management and analytic services – so that we increase the value we provide and are able to effectively demonstrate those benefits
- Reviewing and renewing our offer to libraries and LRCs in FE & skills based on an understanding and appreciation of their ambitions and challenges
- Finalising the successful integration of Jisc Collections and Chest, and building a strong content and software licensing service for research, teaching and learning
- Make sure that our services operate on a sustainable basis and that we can generate the investment required to enhance our priority services and deliver the services our sector needs for the future
- Making sure that we are organised to deliver all of this and that we are making the best use of the knowledge, experience and expertise we have in colleagues across DR and developing colleagues for the future.