In order to achieve our Vision, we will carry out a programme of work, of which the main activities are:
- Developing a National Bibliographic Knowledgebase (NBK)
- Data Orchestration & Standards: Orchestrating the data used by each of the library support services, standardising data sources between services and eliminating unnecessary duplication of effort
- Workflow mapping and user interface design: Working on a more detailed understanding of how our library support services support librarians’ activities – for example, from acquisition and licensing through to usage gathering and perpetual access. This will enable us to present Jisc services to librarians in a clear, consistent way through improvements to service interfaces
- Systems consolidation & API development: Consolidating maintenance systems/web and making more effective use of cloud infrastructure. API development will support and deliver on the data orchestration activity
- Access management: Develop a single sign-on to support working across services
We will take an iterative approach to developments, both enhancing and integrating existing services and taking the initiative with new opportunities and challenges for the library sector.